Brutus-server question
Luis Correia
2008-07-15 14:12:19 UTC
Hi there!

Jules, when preparing the production Brutus-Server, a question came
across my mind.

Since the users must be allowed the right to 'Logon locally', the plan
is to have one Brutus-Server per domain (unless is not necessary).
We have more then one domain for the users and a top domain for the
exchange servers.

We haven't measure the network load from the clients to the
Brutus-Server, so we can't make a full decision.

So, giving this multi-domain scenario, what is your opinion about
multiple B-S per domain?

p.s. the released 1.0 Brutus-Server README.txt file does not have my
recomendation "everyone must be able to'Logon locally'".

Luis Correia
Jules Colding
2008-07-15 14:22:28 UTC
Hi Luis,
Post by Luis Correia
Hi there!
Jules, when preparing the production Brutus-Server, a question came
across my mind.
Since the users must be allowed the right to 'Logon locally', the plan
is to have one Brutus-Server per domain (unless is not necessary).
We have more then one domain for the users and a top domain for the
exchange servers.
We haven't measure the network load from the clients to the
Brutus-Server, so we can't make a full decision.
So, giving this multi-domain scenario, what is your opinion about
multiple B-S per domain?
The only reason for this domain requirement is that Brutus Server must
be able to authenticate against the DC. If Brutus Server can do that
from outside the domain then you can do with one, but think you are
forced to have at least one BS per domain. BS should be able to
participate in load balancing (not very well tested though...) with
other BSs.
Post by Luis Correia
p.s. the released 1.0 Brutus-Server README.txt file does not have my
recomendation "everyone must be able to'Logon locally'".
That change was submitted May 30 - section 5 in the "QuickStart/
Upgrade Guide". Please look again.

Best regards,
jules