Simplify configuration options
Luis Correia
2008-07-17 13:24:37 UTC
Hi!

We have currently the following ./configure options that could be improved:

for brutus-keyring:
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target

for evolution-brutus:
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-spy
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target

for lorica:
--enable-static-lorica
--enable-lorica-devel
--enable-lorica-debug
--enable-lorica-dist
--enable-lorica-target

-------------------------------

Risking being shot right away, I could suggest that the options would
be changed to this:

for brutus-keyring:
--enable-devel
--enable-debug
--enable-dist
--enable-target

for evolution-brutus:
--enable-devel
--enable-debug
--enable-spy
--enable-dist
--enable-target

for lorica:
--enable-static
--enable-devel
--enable-debug
--enable-dist
--enable-target

What do you think (besides being a waste of time :)) ?

Luis Correia
Jules Colding
2008-07-17 13:34:52 UTC
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-spy
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-static-lorica
--enable-lorica-devel
--enable-lorica-debug
--enable-lorica-dist
--enable-lorica-target
-------------------------------
Risking being shot right away, I could suggest that the options would
--enable-devel
--enable-debug
--enable-dist
--enable-target
--enable-devel
--enable-debug
--enable-spy
--enable-dist
--enable-target
--enable-static
--enable-devel
--enable-debug
--enable-dist
--enable-target
What do you think (besides being a waste of time :)) ?
I think it is worthwhile but I simply don't have the time. The
"brutus-" prefix is not just wasting character and valuable bytes. I
don't clearly remember why, but there was reasons for not just
extending the traditional meaning of, say, --enable-debug. I would be
very forthcoming should you send a patch for review.

Best regards,
jules
Luis Correia
2008-07-17 13:47:28 UTC
Hi!
Post by Jules Colding
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-spy
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-static-lorica
--enable-lorica-devel
--enable-lorica-debug
--enable-lorica-dist
--enable-lorica-target
-------------------------------
[...]
I'll get right down on it, which diff format you prefer to get (so
that I'll start using it) ?

I can output the result from plain diff or svn diff, let em know.
Post by Jules Colding
Best regards,
jules
Luis
Jules Colding
2008-07-17 14:00:15 UTC
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
Post by Jules Colding
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-spy
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-static-lorica
--enable-lorica-devel
--enable-lorica-debug
--enable-lorica-dist
--enable-lorica-target
-------------------------------
[...]
"svn diff"

Thanks a lot,
jules
Luis Correia
2008-07-17 20:35:49 UTC
Hi!

unfortunately, this is getting harder then I first thought...
I'll try to have it ready for at least one of the apps by tomorrow.

The search&replace went well but it doesn't accept the commands anymore :)

Luis
Post by Jules Colding
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
Post by Jules Colding
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-brutus-devel
--enable-brutus-debug
--enable-brutus-spy
--enable-brutus-dist
--enable-brutus-target
--enable-static-lorica
--enable-lorica-devel
--enable-lorica-debug
--enable-lorica-dist
--enable-lorica-target
-------------------------------
Jules Colding
2008-07-17 20:38:04 UTC
Post by Luis Correia
Hi!
unfortunately, this is getting harder then I first thought...
I warned you... ;-)
Post by Luis Correia
I'll try to have it ready for at least one of the apps by tomorrow.
No hurry. Better right than early.

Best regards,
jules