Brutus+Lorica
Joe Williamson
2009-01-24 22:18:52 UTC
Hi Jules,

I got brutus-server 2 installed, I noticed that it now only listens on 127.0.0.1 and Lorica connects to it, so like Trevor I am assuming I need to have the Lorica on the client end as well. I too have issues getting it to install cleanly on Ubuntu Intrepid (with TAO/ACE). I installed 5.6.3 but ./configure still complains about not finding them, and also tried --enable-tao-build which downloads 5.6.6 but the make fails when it gets to the acetao bit....
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10/acetao'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `UPDATE_FROM_SVN', needed by `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/IFR_Service/tao_ifr'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10/acetao'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I guess probably best wait until you have got the install to work smoothly on Linux.

I am also wondering what I have to configure in the client Evolution now? As the brutus-server is no longer listening directly....?

Thanks,

Joe
Jules Colding
2009-01-26 20:30:12 UTC
Hi Joe,
Post by Joe Williamson
I got brutus-server 2 installed, I noticed that it now only listens
on 127.0.0.1 and Lorica connects to it, so like Trevor I am assuming
I need to have the Lorica on the client end as well.
Not really. e-b will use Lorica if present but may do without. It
depends on your network configuration whether you really need lorica
or not.
Post by Joe Williamson
I too have issues getting it to install cleanly on Ubuntu Intrepid
(with TAO/ACE). I installed 5.6.3 but ./configure still complains
about not finding them, and also tried --enable-tao-build which
downloads 5.6.6 but the make fails when it gets to the acetao bit….
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10/acetao'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `UPDATE_FROM_SVN', needed by `/
home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/IFR_Service/
tao_ifr'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10/acetao'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/Setups/lorica-1.0.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Did you run:

./bootstrap reconf --enable-tao-build
make distfiles

??
Post by Joe Williamson
I guess probably best wait until you have got the install to work smoothly on Linux.
It will happen eventually when time permits :-(
Post by Joe Williamson
I am also wondering what I have to configure in the client
Evolution now? As the brutus-server is no longer listening directly….?
Just tell e-b to use port 4082 on the Brutus server box instead.

Best,
jules