New permanent download link for Brutus Server and an inconvenience
Jules Colding
2009-04-22 10:24:45 UTC
Hi all,

Please use:

* http://www.42tools.com/sites/default/files/downloads/brutus-install-agplv3.exe

as your future permanent download link for Brutus Server. This edition
of Brutus Server is licensed under the terms of the GNU Affero General
Public License version 3. The sad news is that this binary download of
Brutus Server will see small or no updates in the future - e.g. no bug
fixes and no feature enhancements. The reason is that we have very
limited resources, and maintaining a binary download of Brutus Server
for the FOSS community is straining at these resources.

We do therefore encourage the FOSS community to maintain a binary
download of Brutus Server themselves. The source for Brutus Server
will continue to remain available from our public subversion
repository at:

* http://svn.42tools.net/repos/brutus-server/trunk/

Our future binary releases of Brutus Server, except for the download
link mentioned above, will also be build from this subversion
repository, only with license control compiled in. The README:

http://svn.42tools.net/repos/brutus-server/trunk/README

explains in great detail how to build Brutus Server from scratch
without license control enabled. The FOSS community, if sufficiently
motivated, will therefore be able to maintain a Brutus Server which is
functionally identical to the one with license control which we will
be distributing as of now.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience but we really have to focus our
resources where the revenue is, and that has unfortunately not been in
distributing a FOSS build of Brutus Server.

Best regards,
jules
Jules Colding
2009-05-06 19:09:45 UTC

Modified links below.
* http://www.42tools.com/downloads/brutus-install-agplv3.exe
* http://svn.42tools.com/repos/brutus-server/trunk/
Post by Jules Colding
Our future binary releases of Brutus Server, except for the download
link mentioned above, will also be build from this subversion
http://svn.42tools.net/repos/brutus-server/trunk/README
* http://svn.42tools.com/repos/brutus-server/trunk/README.txt

Best,
jules